Terms & Conditions
This document is an electronic record in terms of Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules there under as applicable and the amended provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Information Technology Act, 2000. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
The Platform is owned by Samasth Living Private Limited ( under the brand name "Settl.") Settl. operates, controls and manages the Services (as defined below) provided by it from its corporate office at No 438, 4th Floor, VRR Tranquil, HSR Layout Sector 3, Bangalore 560102 (hereinafter referred to as "Settl.").
Acceptance of Terms of Service
- By registering for and/or using the Services in any manner, including but not limited to visiting or browsing the Site, you agree to these Terms of Service and all other operating rules, policies and procedures that may be published from time to time on the Site by us, each of which is incorporated by reference and each of which may be updated from time to time without notice to you.
- Certain of the Services may be subject to additional terms and conditions specified by us from time to time; your use of such Services is subject to those additional terms and conditions, which are incorporated into these Terms of Service by this reference.
- These Terms of Service apply to all users of the Services, including, without limitation, users who are contributors of content, information, and other materials or services, registered or otherwise.
- You represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age. If you are under age 18, you may not, under any circumstances or for any reason, use the Services. We may, in our sole discretion, refuse to offer the Services to any person or entity and change the eligibility criteria at any time. You are solely responsible for ensuring that you are in compliance with these Terms of Service and all laws, rules and regulations applicable to you, and the right to access the Services is revoked where you are not in compliance with these Terms of Service, where use of the Services is prohibited, or to the extent the offering, sale or provision of the Services conflicts with any applicable law, rule or regulation. Further, the Services are offered only for your use, and not for the use or benefit of any third party.
Registration / Sign Up for Service
- As part of the Services, you may be required to register for a user account with Settl. through an application provided by Settl. (an “Account”). You must provide accurate and complete information and keep your Account information updated. You shall not: (i) select or use as a username a name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person; (ii) use as a username a name subject to any rights of a person other than you without appropriate authorization; or (iii) use, as a username, a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene.
- Your Account information may include information that is personal to you, such as your name, email address and phone number (collectively called “ personal details”). You may only provide your own personal details. You may not provide personal details of any third person. You must update your Account information to reflect any change to your personal details. If at any time any portion of your Account information is inaccurate or incomplete, or if you otherwise violate these Terms of Service, we may in our sole discretion and without advance notice choose to suspend or terminate your subscriptions / services, and Account or all three.
- You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your Account, and for keeping your Account password secure. You may never use another person’s user account or registration information for the Services without permission. You must notify us immediately of any change in your eligibility to use the Services, breach of security or unauthorized use of your Account. You should never publish, distribute or post login information for your Account.
- By creating an Account, you agree to accept and receive communications from us as part of our provision of the Services, including via email, text message and calls, and/or push notifications to the registered mobile/telephone number and/or email address you provided to us.
As part of the Services, you may apply to become a member of the Settl.. community (such members, “ Members,” and such membership, “Settl. Membership”). A Subscription for Settl. Membership may involve several steps, including, but not limited to: (i) providing certain personal details, such as your name, email address and phone number; (ii) providing payment information to a third-party payment gateway that we use (the “Payment Gateway”) such as NEFT information for an account with a financial institution or a Debit /or credit card for the purpose of future processing of any payments to us that you authorize, such as deposit and rental payment; (iii) electing to share certain personally identifiable information with Settl. and/or third party websites, services or applications for the purposes of running a background verification; (iv) providing other personal or financial information as may typically be requested on a rental subscription; and We may reject or approve subscriptions for Settl. Membership in our sole discretion in compliance with applicable laws.
Definition For purposes of these Terms of Service, the term “Content” includes, without limitation, information, data, text, photographs, videos, audio clips, written posts and comments, software, scripts, graphics, and interactive features generated, provided, or otherwise made accessible on or through the Services.
Content You acknowledge that all Content accessed by you using the Services is at your own risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage or loss to you or any other party resulting therefrom. We do not guarantee that any Content you access on or through the Services is or will continue to be accurate.
Notices and Restrictions The Services may contain Content specifically provided by us, our partners or our users and such Content is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets or other proprietary rights and laws. You shall abide by and maintain all copyright notices, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Services.
Use License Subject to these Terms of Service, we grant each user of the Services a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable and non-transferable license to use (i.e., to download and display locally) Content solely for purposes of using the Services. Use, reproduction, modification, distribution or storage of any Content for purposes other than using the Services is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from us. You shall not sell, license, rent, or otherwise use or exploit any Content for commercial use or in any way that violates any third party right. This license does not grant you any ownership rights in the Content.
Availability of Content We do not guarantee that any Content will be made available on the Site or through the Services. We reserve the right to, but do not have any obligation to, (i) remove, edit or modify any Content in our sole discretion, at any time, without notice to you and for any reason (including, but not limited to, upon receipt of claims or allegations from third parties or authorities relating to such Content or if we are concerned that you may have violated these Terms of Service), or for no reason at all and (ii) to remove or block any Content from the Services.
You promise not to use the services for any purpose that is prohibited by these Terms of Service. You are responsible for all of your activity in connection with the Services. You shall not (and shall not permit any third party to) either (a) take any action or (b) upload, download, post, submit or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any Content on or through the Services, that:
- Infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any other person or entity or violates any law or contractual duty; you know is false, misleading, untruthful or inaccurate;
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, tortious, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, offensive, profane, contains or depicts nudity, contains or depicts sexual activity, or is otherwise inappropriate as determined by us in our sole discretion;
- constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or spamming emails/text;
- contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password or other information of ours or of any third party;
- impersonates any person or entity, including any of our employees or representatives; or includes anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information.
You shall not: (i) take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by us in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our (or our third party providers’) infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services or any activities conducted on the Services; (iii) bypass, circumvent or attempt to bypass or circumvent any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Services (or other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Services); (iv) run any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Services; (v) use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to “crawl” or “spider” any page of the Site; (vi) harvest or scrape any Content from the Services; or (vii) otherwise take any action in violation of our guidelines and policies.
You shall not (directly or indirectly): (i) decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Services (including without limitation any application), except to the limited extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction, (ii) modify, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of any part of the services, or (iii) copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that you receive hereunder. You shall abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations.
Third Party Services
The Services may provide links to other third party websites, services or resources on the Internet. When you access third party resources on the Internet, you do so at your own risk. These third party resources are not under our control, and you acknowledge that we are not responsible or liable for the content, functions, accuracy, legality, appropriateness or any other aspect of such websites or resources. The inclusion of any such link in our Services does not imply our endorsement or any association between us and any third party operators. You further acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such third party content, goods or services available on or through any such third party website or resource.
Payments, Receipts, and Policies
Rental Receipts We will send the rental receipts to the registered email in the beginning of every month and the rental is to be paid by 5th of the same month to avoid late fee charges, and the same is to be paid through a designated account number which is unique to each member and/or pay through debit /or credit card, The processing of payments will be subject to the terms, conditions and privacy policies of the Payment Gateway. You agree to make payment using that selected Payment Method. We reserve the right to correct any errors or mistakes that the Payment Gateway makes even if it has already requested or received payment.
Deposits The Member needs to pay three months of security deposit, (i) The member is required to pay a part of the deposit referred as booking/ or token amount at the time of booking, (ii) The Security deposit to be paid will be mentioned in the subscription agreement and the same can be paid through Online and/or cheque, (iii) In the case where the Member chooses to make an internal transfer from one property to another or upgrade his/her current occupancy type /booking, the difference in the amount of security deposit will be expected to be paid by the member before him/her making the actual transfer or upgrade. In case the new rent is lower than the previous one, the difference in security deposit is adjusted against the following month’s rent.
Refunds The booking amount paid is non-refundable and If in the case for whatever reason the booking is cancelled by Settl. the entire amount will be refunded to the member in 15 bank working days.
Refunds on Move-out The security deposit shall be refunded, post a fixed deduction of Property Management Fees and any physical damage to the assets at the premises by conducting a move-out audit as per policies set out in the subscription agreement, within 15 bank working days from the day of move-out, (i) In case, the member terminates the subscription during the lock-in period, the Settl. shall be entitled to deduct one month’s rent which shall be deducted from the security deposit at the time of moving out. Hereinafter referred to as “Contract breakage charges”, (ii) If the member terminates the subscription after the expiry of the lock-in period without prior intimation of 30 days to the Settl., rent of one month shall be levied on the member which shall be deducted from the deposit at the time of moving out. Hereinafter referred to as “Notice Period charges”, (iii) Any unpaid rent, utility payments, late fee payment will be deducted from the security deposit at the time of moveout.
Contract Extension The Contract Extensions are accepted and confirmed through the Settl. Mobile Application or Forms shared by time and again, the confirmation is valid if confirmed over an email/telephonic and /or whatsapp communication from the registered mobile / email address registered with us.
Move-out The Member must inform Settl. at least 30 days before they intend to move out through our application and/or via email to email@example.com, (i) The Member will have to pay the entire month's rent if move-out date is after the 5th of the successive month.
Mode of RefundThe security deposit will be refunded via online transfer to the registered bank account of the member as per our records.
Refund Timeline The security deposit will be refunded in 15 bank working days.
In the event of default by the member on the payment of Rent, Utility charges, and other charges under that is set out in the subscription agreement, for a period more than two (2) weeks, Settl. shall be entitled to terminate the subscription by giving seven (7) days written notice to pay the outstanding dues and even after the notice period of seven (7) days, if the member fails to rectify the default in the payment of outstanding dues, Settl. shall terminate the subscription immediately, by deducting the outstanding dues and two (2) months Rent payable from the security deposit.
In the following events, Settl. shall terminate the subscription immediately with deduction of two months Rent:
- Involved in any illegal activity within or outside the Premises and the member and/or the guest of the member is detained for the same.
- Involved in drug abuse.
- Misbehaviour with the other member of the property and Settl. by the member and/or his/her guest. Settl. can initiate action against the member suo-motu or on the basis of a complaint by other members.
- Any other situation at the discretion of Settl., which would compromise the peace and tranquility at the premises.
- Noise - Keep the noise level within the tolerance of others in the Premises and reduce if requested to do so. No noise shall be caused between 10PM and 6AM which would affect the sleeping by any third parties in the Premises/building or nearby building.
Avoid the Following
- Abusive or foul language.
- Fight/quarrel with the other occupants of the building/instigating the other occupants to fight.
- Smoking & use of alcohol in common areas.
- Drugs, Explosives & weapons in the whole Premises.
- Conducting/carrying out any kind of business.
- Alterations to the Premises, any electrical or furnishings of the Premises without any prior permission from the Sub Lessor.
- Taking pictures and videos of the Premises/Building and sharing the same to third parties.
- Taking pictures and videos of the Occupants without their consent.
- Cleanliness - Kindly keep the Premises clean and tidy and ensure your belongings are kept within your designated area. Keep the common area clean after you for others to enjoy the common facilities of the Premises.
- If the Member who are of opposite genders and not married stay in the Premises the same shall be at their own risk and shall indemnify Settl. for all the claim/s and consequences including but not limited to any action taken by any third party including Governmental agencies. In this regard, it is specifically agreed by the member that in the event any action is taken by the local authorities/police against the Sub Lessee or the co-occupants, the member shall be solely liable for the same to the total exclusion of Settl..
- Housekeeping - Housekeeping would be provided to the member by Settl. .The Housekeeping services will be provided on Monday to Saturday (a week) except on public holidays. The scope of Housekeeping is as per the policies set out in the subscription agreement.
- All gatherings, parties or discussions shall be held in the common area with prior permission from the property manager.
- Guest Policy - The number of guests allowed to stay in the Premises is limited to 2 persons per day. Such admission of the guest/s shall be subject to permission from other members of the same Premises in which the member is staying. Further, the admission of guest/s by Settl. is subject to availability of the rooms. The Guest Fee of Rs.500 ( Rupees Five Hundred Only) will be applicable from the 8th(eight) day irrespective of whether such guest accommodation is continuous or at intervals in a month and this shall be applicable for a single occupant who is sharing the room/taking portion of the room, detailed policies are set out in the subscription agreement.
- Pet Policy - If the Sub Lessee occupies the whole Premises ,the Sub Lessee shall be entitled to keep pets in the Premises (not applicable if the Premises is shared with other occupants). The Sub Lessee shall keep the pets in the Premises under the condition that the pets shall not be allowed in the common areas of the Building or other premises of the Building and no littering on the common areas of the Building, hallways, corridors or any other premises in the Building. In the event of breach of any of the condition of Pet Policy, the Sub Lessee shall pay an amount of Rs.1,000/- as penalty per breach and if the Sub Lessee continues to breach the Pet Policy for more than two (2) times, Sub Lessor shall be entitled to terminate the Agreement by giving 7 (seven) days prior written notice and/or via email.
Governing Law, Jurisdiction & Dispute Resolution
The subscription agreement shall be governed by and enforced as per the Laws in India and for the purpose of enforcement; the place of jurisdiction will be the city in which the Premises are located. All disputes shall be submitted for arbitration by a sole arbitrator under the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996. In the event of any dispute arising out of or in connection with the agreement, the Parties shall, at first instance, attempt to amicably resolve the same through settlement discussions (recorded by way of email or telephonic conversations). If Parties are unable to resolve their disputes within thirty (30)days of written intimation, the disputes will be referred to arbitration under the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 and its amendments from time to time. The arbitration will be conducted by a sole arbitrator appointed by mutual consent within 7 (seven) days of the receipt of the notice to arbitrate. If Parties are unable to mutually agree, Settl. shall have the right to appoint a sole arbitrator within three (3)days. The process of arbitration shall be decided by the arbitrator in accordance with the provisions of the Arbitration Act. The cost of arbitration (including all legal costs) will be borne by the losing Party. Till the continuation of the proceedings and passing of the award, all the Parties will bear their own share of cost and can recover the same, once the award is passed, from the losing Party.